We thank Ming Cui, Monica Martin, and Tom Schofield for help in constructing some of the variables used in this report. This research is currently supported by grants from the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, the National Institute on Drug Abuse, and the National Institute of Mental Health (HD047573, HD051746, and MH051361). Support for earlier years of the study also came from multiple sources, including the National Institute of Mental Health (MH00567, MH19734, MH43270, MH59355, MH62989, and MH48165), the National Institute on Drug Abuse (DA05347), the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (HD027724), the Bureau of Maternal and Child Health (MCJ-109572), and the MacArthur Foundation Research Network on Successful Adolescent Development Among Youth in High-Risk Settings.
Personal Characteristics and Resilience to Economic Hardship and Its Consequences: Conceptual Issues and Empirical Illustrations
Article first published online: 30 SEP 2009
© 2009, Copyright the Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Personality
Special Issue: Resilience in Common Life: Resources, Mechanisms, and Interventions: Edited by Mary C. Davis, Linda Luecken, and Kathryn Lemery-Chalfant
Volume 77, Issue 6, pages 1645–1676, December 2009
How to Cite
Donnellan, M. B., Conger, K. J., McAdams, K. K. and Neppl, T. K. (2009), Personal Characteristics and Resilience to Economic Hardship and Its Consequences: Conceptual Issues and Empirical Illustrations. Journal of Personality, 77: 1645–1676. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.2009.00596.x
- Issue published online: 17 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 30 SEP 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!