We thank Rosario Cabello for allowing us to use data that she collected together with Pablo Fernández-Berrocal for our meta-analytic synthesis of findings.
Emotion Regulation and the Quality of Social Interaction: Does the Ability to Evaluate Emotional Situations and Identify Effective Responses Matter?
Article first published online: 13 MAR 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Journal of Personality © 2011, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Personality
Volume 79, Issue 2, pages 429–467, April 2011
How to Cite
Lopes, P. N., Nezlek, J. B., Extremera, N., Hertel, J., Fernández-Berrocal, P., Schütz, A. and Salovey, P. (2011), Emotion Regulation and the Quality of Social Interaction: Does the Ability to Evaluate Emotional Situations and Identify Effective Responses Matter?. Journal of Personality, 79: 429–467. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.2010.00689.x
- Issue published online: 13 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 13 MAR 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 25 AUG 2010 08:37AM EST
This article has been cited by:
- 1A Spanish Adaptation of the Emotion Regulation Questionnaire, European Journal of Psychological Assessment, 2013, 29, 4, 234, , , ,
- 3Cognitive Emotion Regulation Strategies and Social Functioning in Adolescents, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2013, 82, 574, ,
- 4Differences in How Trait Emotional Intelligence Predicts Life Satisfaction: The Role of Affect Balance Versus Social Support in India and Germany, Journal of Happiness Studies, 2013, 14, 1, 51, , , ,
- 5Subordinate social adaptability and the consequences of abusive supervision perceptions in two samples, The Leadership Quarterly, 2013, 24, 5, 732, , , ,
- 7Emotional intelligence predicts components of subjective well-being beyond personality: A two-country study using self- and informant reports, The Journal of Positive Psychology, 2012, 7, 2, 107, ,
- 8Relationships Between Leaders' and Subordinates' Emotion Regulation and Satisfaction and Affect at Work, The Journal of Social Psychology, 2012, 152, 4, 436, , ,