This research was supported by National Institute of Mental Health grant MH-73937 and the Center for Consciousness and Transformation at George Mason University to Todd B. Kashdan. We thank William Breen, Daniel Terhar, Anjali Mishra, and Kate Doherty for their assistance with the survey design and data collection for Studies 1 and 3.
When Curiosity Breeds Intimacy: Taking Advantage of Intimacy Opportunities and Transforming Boring Conversations
Article first published online: 19 OCT 2011
© 2010 The Authors. Journal of Personality © 2011, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Personality
Special Issue: Understanding How Personality Operates in the Social World
Volume 79, Issue 6, pages 1369–1402, December 2011
How to Cite
Kashdan, T. B., McKnight, P. E., Fincham, F. D. and Rose, P. (2011), When Curiosity Breeds Intimacy: Taking Advantage of Intimacy Opportunities and Transforming Boring Conversations. Journal of Personality, 79: 1369–1402. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.2010.00697.x
Note: Corrections added on 6 January 2012 after first publication online on 19 October 2011: The page number for this article should be Page 1369–1401 (not 1067–1099), and have been corrected in the online version of this article.
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 19 OCT 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 2 SEP 2010 09:28AM EST
- National Institute of Mental Health. Grant Number: MH-73937
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!