We would like to thank Grant Edmonds and Joshua Jackson for their helpful comments on an earlier draft of this article. We are particularly grateful to Michael Chmielewski and David Watson for providing the two-week dependability estimates of the Big Five Inventory (BFI) items, which afforded a much expanded consideration of the role of transient measurement error toward the research questions in this investigation. Note that the BFI dependability estimates used here are reported at the BFI scale level in Chmielewski and Watson (), and many of the Inventory of Individual Differences in the Lexicon dependability estimates are reported in Wood, Nye, and Saucier ().
Trait Means and Desirabilities as Artifactual and Real Sources of Differential Stability of Personality Traits
Article first published online: 26 APR 2012
© 2011 The Authors. Journal of Personality © 2011, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Personality
Volume 80, Issue 3, pages 665–701, June 2012
How to Cite
Wood, D. and Wortman, J. (2012), Trait Means and Desirabilities as Artifactual and Real Sources of Differential Stability of Personality Traits. Journal of Personality, 80: 665–701. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.2011.00740.x
- Issue published online: 15 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 26 APR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 29 JUL 2011 03:40PM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!