This article is based on the first author's doctoral dissertation. Its preparation was facilitated by doctoral fellowships from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) and the Fonds Québécois de la Recherche sur la Société et la Culture (FQRSC) to the first author and by grants from both SSHRC and FQRSC to the second author.
Passion for a Cause, Passion for a Creed: On Ideological Passion, Identity Threat, and Extremism
Version of Record online: 26 APR 2012
© 2011 The Authors. Journal of Personality © 2011, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Personality
Volume 80, Issue 3, pages 573–602, June 2012
How to Cite
Rip, B., Vallerand, R. J. and Lafrenière, M.-A. K. (2012), Passion for a Cause, Passion for a Creed: On Ideological Passion, Identity Threat, and Extremism. Journal of Personality, 80: 573–602. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.2011.00743.x
The first author would like to thank her parents, Rahel and Branko Rip, and her husband, Nicolas Petrosky-Nadeau.
- Issue online: 15 MAY 2012
- Version of Record online: 26 APR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 29 JUL 2011 03:41PM EST
Vol. 80, Issue 4, 1146, Version of Record online: 9 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!