We thank Mia Strickland Desouza, Alex Townsend, and Robbie Black for their assistance with data collection. This research was supported by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) grant RES-062-23-2462.
How Are Personality Judgments Made? A Cognitive Model of Reference Group Effects, Personality Scale Responses, and Behavioral Reactions
Article first published online: 25 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Journal of Personality © 2012, Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Personality
Volume 80, Issue 5, pages 1275–1311, October 2012
How to Cite
Wood, A. M., Brown, G. D. A., Maltby, J. and Watkinson, P. (2012), How Are Personality Judgments Made? A Cognitive Model of Reference Group Effects, Personality Scale Responses, and Behavioral Reactions. Journal of Personality, 80: 1275–1311. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.2012.00763.x
- Issue published online: 25 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 25 SEP 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 6 JAN 2012 03:42PM EST
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC). Grant Number: RES-062-23-2462
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!