Present address: Cereal Genomics, School of Biological Sciences, University of Bristol, Woodland Road, Bristol BS8 1UG, UK.
Overexpression of GCN2-type protein kinase in wheat has profound effects on free amino acid concentration and gene expression
Article first published online: 10 NOV 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Plant Biotechnology Journal © 2011 Society for Experimental Biology, Association of Applied Biologists and Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Plant Biotechnology Journal
Volume 10, Issue 3, pages 328–340, April 2012
How to Cite
Byrne, E. H., Prosser, I., Muttucumaru, N., Curtis, T. Y., Wingler, A., Powers, S. and Halford, N. G. (2012), Overexpression of GCN2-type protein kinase in wheat has profound effects on free amino acid concentration and gene expression. Plant Biotechnology Journal, 10: 328–340. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7652.2011.00665.x
Accession number: The nucleotide sequence of TaGCN2, reported in this manuscript, has been submitted to the EMBL database and assigned the accession number FR839672.
- Issue published online: 5 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 10 NOV 2011
- Received 12 August 2011; revised 19 September 2011; accepted 22 September 2011.
This article has been cited by:
- 2Photosynthetic assimilation of 14C into amino acids in potato (Solanum tuberosum) and asparagine in the tubers, Planta, 2014, 239, 1, 161, , , , ,
- 3Risk assessment, formation, and mitigation of dietary acrylamide: Current status and future prospects, Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2014,, , , , , , ,
- 4Effects of variety and nutrient availability on the acrylamide-forming potential of rye grain, Journal of Cereal Science, 2013, 57, 3, 463, , , , ,
- 5Reducing the potential for processing contaminant formation in cereal products, Journal of Cereal Science, 2013,, , ,
- 6Translational Regulation of Cytoplasmic mRNAs, The Arabidopsis Book, 2013, 11, e0165, ,
- 7A critical review of translation initiation factor eIF2α kinases in plants - regulating protein synthesis during stress, Functional Plant Biology, 2012, 39, 9, 717, , ,