Alex de Waal is a research associate of Queen Elizabeth House, 21 St. Giles Street, Oxford OX1 3LA, England, and research consultant of Africa Watch, 90 Borough High Street, London SE1 ILL, England. He is author of Famine that kills: Darfur, Sudan, 1984–5 and other articles on famine in northeast Africa. He is currently monitoring human rights abuses in Sudan and Ethiopia, including an investigation of the use of starvation as a weapon of war.
A Re-assessment of Entitlement Theory in the Light of the Recent Famines in Africa
Version of Record online: 22 OCT 2008
© 1990 Institute of Social Studies
Development and Change
Volume 21, Issue 3, pages 469–490, July 1990
How to Cite
de Waal, A. (1990), A Re-assessment of Entitlement Theory in the Light of the Recent Famines in Africa. Development and Change, 21: 469–490. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7660.1990.tb00384.x
- Issue online: 22 OCT 2008
- Version of Record online: 22 OCT 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!