graduate student in the Department of Geography, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL 61801, USA. The work on Sudan was undertaken for an MSc thesis in the International Agricultural Development Program at the University of California, Davis. Her current work focuses on variation in indigenous technical knowledge and agricultural practice among different social groups in western Sudan.
For Whom is the Rural Economy Resilient? Initial Effects of Drought in Western Sudan
Article first published online: 22 OCT 2008
© 1993 Institute of Social Studies
Development and Change
Volume 24, Issue 1, pages 159–176, January 1993
How to Cite
Gray, L. and Kevane, M. (1993), For Whom is the Rural Economy Resilient? Initial Effects of Drought in Western Sudan. Development and Change, 24: 159–176. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7660.1993.tb00481.x
- Issue published online: 22 OCT 2008
- Article first published online: 22 OCT 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!