Professor of History at Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 3J5. She is currently working on a book on Feminism, Postmodernism and Development, with Marianne Marchand, as well as a number of articles on women and the construction of class identity in the towns of the Zambian copper belt.
Who is the ‘Other‘?: A Postmodern Feminist Critique of Women and Development Theory and Practice
Article first published online: 22 OCT 2008
© 1993 Institute of Social Studies
Development and Change
Volume 24, Issue 3, pages 439–464, July 1993
How to Cite
Parpart, J. L. (1993), Who is the ‘Other‘?: A Postmodern Feminist Critique of Women and Development Theory and Practice. Development and Change, 24: 439–464. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7660.1993.tb00492.x
- Issue published online: 22 OCT 2008
- Article first published online: 22 OCT 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!