I would like to thank all the delegates of an ESRC-sponsored symposium on India's middle classes and the environment (20–22 August 2003), for their insights and expertise, and Glyn Williams, as co-organizer. The research was initially made possible through a Fellowship from the Carnegie Council on Ethics and International Affairs (2001–2), and then the ESRC Environment and Human Behaviour grant, for which I am extremely grateful. The paper would not have been possible without the generosity and insight of the many people I met and interviewed during a research visit in February and March 2002. I would also like to thank three anonymous referees for their helpful comments.
India's Middle Classes and the Environment
Article first published online: 22 MAR 2004
Development and Change
Volume 35, Issue 1, pages 79–103, January 2004
How to Cite
Mawdsley, E. (2004), India's Middle Classes and the Environment. Development and Change, 35: 79–103. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7660.2004.00343.x
- Issue published online: 22 MAR 2004
- Article first published online: 22 MAR 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!