This article is based on a study funded by the Department for International Development under its Knowledge and Research programme. Findings from this study are presented in Mwaipopo et al. (2005) and Ofei-Aboagye et al. (2004). I would like to thank my fellow researchers, and in particular Rosemarie Mwaipopo, for permission to re-analyse components of the qualitative data. I am grateful for comments on a draft of this article by Alberto Arce, Mary Ann Brocklesby, Gavin Hilson, and the anonymous referees of this journal. The opinions expressed and any errors are the sole responsibility of the author.
Occupying the Margins: Labour Integration and Social Exclusion in Artisanal Mining in Tanzania
Article first published online: 25 JUL 2007
Development and Change
Volume 38, Issue 4, pages 735–760, July 2007
How to Cite
Fisher, E. (2007), Occupying the Margins: Labour Integration and Social Exclusion in Artisanal Mining in Tanzania. Development and Change, 38: 735–760. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7660.2007.00431.x
- Issue published online: 25 JUL 2007
- Article first published online: 25 JUL 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!