I am grateful to a number of people for providing comments on various drafts of this paper, including Kate Brown, Mary Somers Heidhues, Denise Leto, Tania Li, Nick Menzies, Kit Olivi, Scott Prudham, Simon Takdir, Peter Vandergeest, Arthur Van Schaik and Hui Few-Yoong. The suggestions of participants in the Bornholm Property Workshop (September 2006), as well as those of colleagues and friends at the University of Toronto and the Ohio State University Geography Department, where I presented earlier versions of this paper, have also had a role in shaping the article. The usual disclaimers apply.
Rubber Erasures, Rubber Producing Rights: Making Racialized Territories in West Kalimantan, Indonesia
Article first published online: 14 APR 2009
© Institute of Social Studies 2009
Development and Change
Volume 40, Issue 1, pages 47–80, January 2009
How to Cite
Peluso, N. L. (2009), Rubber Erasures, Rubber Producing Rights: Making Racialized Territories in West Kalimantan, Indonesia. Development and Change, 40: 47–80. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7660.2009.01505.x
- Issue published online: 14 APR 2009
- Article first published online: 14 APR 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!