Many thanks to Jakob Trane Ibsen, John Heermans Ahamadou Kanté, Tomila Lankina, Christian Lund, Amy Poteete and Thomas Sikor for their constructive comments on this article. Sincere thanks to the Dutch Royal Embassy in Dakar, and especially to Franke Toornstra, for supporting the research behind this article. I would also like to thank the Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology for providing an inspiring setting in which a portion of this article was composed.
Authority over Forests: Empowerment and Subordination in Senegal's Democratic Decentralization
Article first published online: 14 APR 2009
© Institute of Social Studies 2009
Development and Change
Volume 40, Issue 1, pages 105–129, January 2009
How to Cite
Ribot, J. C. (2009), Authority over Forests: Empowerment and Subordination in Senegal's Democratic Decentralization. Development and Change, 40: 105–129. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7660.2009.01507.x
- Issue published online: 14 APR 2009
- Article first published online: 14 APR 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!