The author would like to thank Ronald Aminzade, Behrooz Ghamari-Tabrizi, Michael Goldman, Doug McAdam, Jan Nederveen Pieterse, Arthur Scarritt and the anonymous reviewers of this journal for their thoughtful comments and helpful suggestions on an earlier draft of this paper. This research was generously supported by a Doctoral Dissertation International Research Grant from the Graduate School of the University of Minnesota and by a National Science Foundation Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grant (#SES-0425240).
The Paradoxes of Community-based Participation in Dar es Salaam
Article first published online: 19 OCT 2009
© Institute of Social Studies 2009
Development and Change
Volume 40, Issue 4, pages 717–743, July 2009
How to Cite
Dill, B. (2009), The Paradoxes of Community-based Participation in Dar es Salaam. Development and Change, 40: 717–743. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7660.2009.01569.x
- Issue published online: 19 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 19 OCT 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!