I am deeply indebted to Dr Julio Davila and Mr G. Dattadri, whose DFID-funded research project on water supply and sanitation practices in peri-urban Chennai inspired me to investigate this topic further. An early version of this paper was presented in a workshop on ‘Peri-urban dynamics: Population, habitat and environment on the periphery of large Indian Metropolises’ organized by Dr Véronique Dupont at the Centre de Sciences Humaines, New Delhi. I am grateful to her, to Dr N. Sridharan and to the anonymous referees for their comments.
Falling Apart at the Margins? Neighbourhood Transformations in Peri-Urban Chennai
Version of Record online: 19 NOV 2009
© Institute of Social Studies 2009
Development and Change
Volume 40, Issue 5, pages 879–901, September 2009
How to Cite
Arabindoo, P. (2009), Falling Apart at the Margins? Neighbourhood Transformations in Peri-Urban Chennai. Development and Change, 40: 879–901. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7660.2009.01587.x
- Issue online: 19 NOV 2009
- Version of Record online: 19 NOV 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!