This article is based partly on a joint paper with Jennifer C. Franco of the Transnational Institute (TNI) (Borras and Franco, 2009). For their comments on the earlier co-authored piece, I would like to thank the participants in the workshop, Global Citizen Engagements, held at IDS, University of Sussex, in 2008, especially John Gaventa, Peter Newell and Rajesh Tandon. I am grateful to Jennifer Franco for her input, and would like to thank the three anonymous reviewers for their helpful suggestions. Any remaining errors are mine. Disclosure: the author was a founding member of Vía Campesina and was a member of its International Coordinating Commission from 1993 to 1996.
The Politics of Transnational Agrarian Movements
Article first published online: 29 SEP 2010
© 2010 International Institute of Social Studies
Development and Change
Volume 41, Issue 5, pages 771–803, September 2010
How to Cite
Borras, S. M. (2010), The Politics of Transnational Agrarian Movements. Development and Change, 41: 771–803. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7660.2010.01661.x
- Issue published online: 29 SEP 2010
- Article first published online: 29 SEP 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!