They thank Profs. Volker Beckmann, Matthew Gorton, Jeffrey Hesse and Siemen van Berkum, and participants at conferences in Durban and Budapest for comments on previous versions of the article, Elke Van Kerckhove and Artan Qineti for help with the data collection, and Prof. Jan Pokrivcak and his colleagues at the university of Nitra (Slovakia), and researchers at VUZE (Czech Republic) and IERIGZ (Poland) for useful insights in the issues discussed. They also thank the following for financial support: the Fonds voor Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek – Vlaanderen (FWO, project G.0090.04), and USAID via the RAISE project, collaborative between Development Alternatives Inc. and Michigan State University. The opinions expressed are those of the authors only, and do not necessarily reflect those of the institutions with which they are affiliated.
The Rapid Rise of Supermarkets in Central and Eastern Europe: Implications for the Agrifood Sector and Rural Development
Article first published online: 19 AUG 2004
Development Policy Review
Volume 22, Issue 5, pages 525–556, September 2004
How to Cite
Dries, L., Reardon, T. and Swinnen, J. F. M. (2004), The Rapid Rise of Supermarkets in Central and Eastern Europe: Implications for the Agrifood Sector and Rural Development. Development Policy Review, 22: 525–556. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7679.2004.00264.x
- Issue published online: 19 AUG 2004
- Article first published online: 19 AUG 2004
- first submitted May 2004, final revision accepted July 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!