She is grateful to Christine Park for help with data, and to participants in seminars at the Overseas Development Institute and the Center for Global Development and, for their generosity with comments on an earlier draft, Richard Auty, Kim Elliott, Todd Moss, Arvind Subramanian and Nicolas van de Walle. The study was supported in part by a grant from the Australian Agency for International Development to CGD for work on fragile states, and by other CGD supporters.
Do No Harm: Aid, Weak Institutions and the Missing Middle in Africa
Article first published online: 15 AUG 2007
Development Policy Review
Special Issue: Developmental states in the new millennium
Volume 25, Issue 5, pages 575–598, September 2007
How to Cite
Birdsall, N. (2007), Do No Harm: Aid, Weak Institutions and the Missing Middle in Africa. Development Policy Review, 25: 575–598. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7679.2007.00386.x
- Issue published online: 15 AUG 2007
- Article first published online: 15 AUG 2007
- first submitted December 2006final revision accepted May 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!