She would like to thank the participants in the Development and Business session at the 21st annual conference of the Japan Society for International Development for comments on an earlier draft of this study. Also the owner, managers, and workers of Sonapahar tea estate, the staff of the CHAI project and the distributer of Fair Trade tea who introduced her to Sonapahar, and Fumiko Miura who provided her with helpful documents on India's tea sector. The fieldwork in India was financed by the Integrated Research System for Sustainability Science (IR3S) at the University of Tokyo.
Fair Trade Certification: The Case of Tea Plantation Workers in India
Version of Record online: 6 DEC 2011
© The Author 2012. Development Policy Review © 2012 Overseas Development Institute.
Development Policy Review
Volume 30, Issue 1, pages 87–107, January 2012
How to Cite
Makita, R. (2012), Fair Trade Certification: The Case of Tea Plantation Workers in India. Development Policy Review, 30: 87–107. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7679.2012.00561.x
- Issue online: 6 DEC 2011
- Version of Record online: 6 DEC 2011
- first submitted January 2010, final revision accepted April 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!