In infants, positive as well as negative mismatch responses have been reported for speech stimuli presented in oddball paradigms (Friederici et al., 2007; Friederici, Friedrich & Weber, 2002; Friedrich, Herold & Friederici, 2009; Rivera-Gaxiola et al., 2005). Given that the processes underlying these polarity differences are not yet fully understood, we focused on the negative mismatch response previously linked to native-language phonetic learning in research that used identical stimuli and recording procedures with infants the same age.
Impact of second-language experience in infancy: brain measures of first- and second-language speech perception
Version of Record online: 12 MAY 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Volume 14, Issue 2, pages 242–248, March 2011
How to Cite
Conboy, B. T. and Kuhl, P. K. (2011), Impact of second-language experience in infancy: brain measures of first- and second-language speech perception. Developmental Science, 14: 242–248. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7687.2010.00973.x
- Issue online: 18 FEB 2011
- Version of Record online: 12 MAY 2010
- Received: 24 March 2009 Accepted: 24 January 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!