The author conducted research at National Archives Center Number 3 in Hanoi in 2006, courtesy of a Richard Fuller Memorial Grant from McMaster University, and at the Lyndon Baines Johnson Library in Austin, Texas, and the Nixon Presidential Papers at College Park, Maryland, in 2007, courtesy of a Samuel Flagg Bemis Research Award from SHAFR. The author thanks several historians for their comments on this article: Stephen Streeter, David P. Barrett, and Virginia Aksan at McMaster; Jeffrey Kimball, who commented on this article as panel chair at the SHAFR annual conference in 2007; Andrew Johns and Fredrik Logevall (panel commentator and chair, respectively) for their comments on this article at the American Historical Association's annual conference in 2009; and Diplomatic History's Robert Schulzinger and Thomas Zeiler, and the two anonymous peer reviewers, for their suggestions. The author thanks Do Kien of the Institute of Vietnamese Studies and Development Sciences in Hanoi, for arranging access to the archive, and archive manager Nguyen Tien Dinh, for his warm welcome. The author also thanks John Wilson and Regina Greenwell, archivists at the Lyndon Baines Johnson Library for their assistance in this project.
Soviet Biscuit Factories and Chinese Financial Grants: North Vietnam's Economic Diplomacy in 1967 and 1968*
Article first published online: 23 FEB 2012
© 2012 The Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations (SHAFR)
Volume 36, Issue 2, pages 301–335, April 2012
How to Cite
MEHTA, H. C. (2012), Soviet Biscuit Factories and Chinese Financial Grants: North Vietnam's Economic Diplomacy in 1967 and 1968. Diplomatic History, 36: 301–335. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7709.2011.01024.x
- Issue published online: 23 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 23 FEB 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!