The author would like to thank Bob Schulzinger, Tom Zeiler, Lucy Chester, Andy DeRoche, and the anonymous readers for their helpful criticism and suggestions. Early versions of this article were delivered at the Missouri Valley History Conference and the Annual Conference of the North American Society for Sport History. The author thanks the late Ross Horning, Geoff Smith, and Barbara Keys for their insightful commentaries. Tom Noer provided additional feedback on a related paper on tennis and the Davis Cup at the Conference on Cold War Cultures: Transnational and Interdisciplinary Perspectives.
Black and White at Center Court: Arthur Ashe and the Confrontation of Apartheid in South Africa†
Article first published online: 25 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations (SHAFR)
Volume 36, Issue 5, pages 815–841, November 2012
How to Cite
Morgan, E. J. (2012), Black and White at Center Court: Arthur Ashe and the Confrontation of Apartheid in South Africa. Diplomatic History, 36: 815–841. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7709.2012.01066.x
- Issue published online: 25 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 25 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!