I am grateful to the late Ernest May, to Matthew Connelly, Jan Eckel, John Iliffe, Melvyn Leffler, Nancy Mitchell, Andrew Preston, David Reynolds, and Stephen Wertheim; to the editor and two anonymous referees of Diplomatic History; and to all the members of the Spring 2007 Harvard University Graduate Research Seminar in International Relations of the United States and the Michaelmas 2007 Cambridge University Graduate Workshop in American History for their comments and advice.
“From the Viewpoint of a Southern Governor”: The Carter Administration and Apartheid, 1977–81†
Article first published online: 25 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations (SHAFR)
Volume 36, Issue 5, pages 843–880, November 2012
How to Cite
Stevens, S. (2012), “From the Viewpoint of a Southern Governor”: The Carter Administration and Apartheid, 1977–81. Diplomatic History, 36: 843–880. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-7709.2012.01067.x
- Issue published online: 25 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 25 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!