Physical activity and obesity
Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2007
Volume 8, Issue Supplement s1, pages 115–121, March 2007
How to Cite
Fox, K. R. and Hillsdon, M. (2007), Physical activity and obesity. Obesity Reviews, 8: 115–121. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-789X.2007.00329.x
- Issue online: 19 FEB 2007
- Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2007
- Accepted 27 November 2006
- 1Department of Health, Physical Activity, Health Improvement and Prevention. At Least Five a Week: Evidence on the Impact of Physical Activity and its Relationship to Health. A Report from the Chief Medical Officer. Department of Health: London, 2004.
- 2Coronary heart disease and physical activity of work. Lancet 1953; 1053–1057: 1111–1120., , , , .
- 4Department for Transport. National Travel Survey 2004. Office of National Statistics: London, 2005.
- 6Office of the Deputy Prime Minister. Sustainable Communities: Building for the Future. Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: London, 2003.
- 7Department for Transport. Policy, Planning and Design for Walking and Cycling: Consultation Draft. Department for Transport: London, 2004.
- 8Department for Culture, Media and Sport. A Sporting Future for All. The Government’s Plan for Sport. Department for Culture, Media and Sport: London, 2001.
- 9Department for Culture, Media and Sport/Strategy Unit. Game Plan: A strategy for delivering Government’s sport and physical activity objectives. Cabinet Office: London, 2002.
- 10Joint Health Surveys Unit. The Health Survey of England. The Stationery Office: London: 2004.
- 11Fitness Industry Association. Winning the Retention Battle. Fitness Industry Association: London, 2001.
- 12The physical self-perception profile: development and preliminary validation. J Sport Exerc 1989; 11: 408–430., .
- 13Self-perceptual systems and physical activity. In: Horn T (ed.). Advances in Sport Psychology, 3rd edn. Human Kinetics: Champaign, IL, 2007 (in press)., .
- 14Health Education Authority/Sports Council. The Allied Dunbar National Fitness Survey: Main findings. Sports Council and Health Education Authority: London, 1992.
- 15Audit Commission. Public Sports and Recreation Facilities. Making Them Fit for the Future. Audit Commission: London, 2006.
- 17Community design and access to recreational facilities as correlates of adolescent physical activity and body-mass index. J Phys Act Health 2006; 3(Suppl. 1): S118–S128., , , , , .
- 19Transport Research Board and Institute of Medicine. Transport Research Board Special Report 282. Does the Built Environment Influence Physical Activity? Transport Research Board: Washington, DC, 2005.
- 20Office of the Deputy Prime Minister. Planning Policy Guidance Note 17: Sport and Recreation (2002), the Framework for Sport and Associated Regional Plans for Sport. Office of the Deputy Prime Minister: London, 2002.
- 21International Labour Organisation. Global Employment Trends. 2006. [WWW document]. URL http://www.ilo.org/public/english/employment/strat/download/getb06en.pdf (accessed October 2006).
- 22Health Development Agency. The Effectiveness of Public Health Interventions for Increasing Physical Activity among Adults: A Review of Reviews. Health Development Agency: London, 2004.
- 23Office for National Statistics. UK 2005 Time Use Survey. Office for National Statistics: London, 2006.
- 24Department for Transport. Walking and Cycling: An Action Plan. Department for Transport: London, 2004.
- 25Department of the Environment Transport and Regions. Travel to the Shops. Personal Travel Fact Sheet 6. Department of the Environment, Transport and Regions: London, 2001.
- 33A framework for physical activity policy research. J Phys Act Health 2006; 3(Suppl. 1): S20–S29., , .
- 35Department of Health. Choosing Health: Making Healthy Choices Easier. The Stationery Office: London, 2004.