What lessons can be learned from tobacco control for combating the growing prevalence of obesity?
Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2007
Volume 8, Issue Supplement s1, pages 145–150, March 2007
How to Cite
West, R. (2007), What lessons can be learned from tobacco control for combating the growing prevalence of obesity?. Obesity Reviews, 8: 145–150. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-789X.2007.00334.x
- Issue online: 19 FEB 2007
- Version of Record online: 19 FEB 2007
- Accepted 24 November 2006
- 12005. [WWW document]. URL http://www.rjwest.co.uk (accessed 22/12/06).Smoking and Smoking Cessation in the UK.
- 2Office of National Statistics. General Household Survey 2004. National Statistics: London, 2005.
- 4Mortality from Smoking in Developed Countries 1950–2000, 2nd edn. Oxford University Press: Oxford, 2003.,
- 5Theory of Addiction. Blackwells: Oxford, 2006.
- 6Tobacco control: present and future. Br Med Bull 2007 (in press).
- 7Defining and assessing nicotine dependence in humans. In: Bock G, Goode J (eds). Understanding Nicotine and Tobacco Addiction. Wiley: London, 2006, pp 36–51.
- 9Royal College of Physicians. Nicotine Addiction in Britain. Royal College of Physicians: London, 2000.
- 11Smoking Related Attitudes and Behaviour, 2004: Office of National Statistics: London, 2005.,
- 12Smoking-Related Behaviour and Attitudes, 2005: Office of National Statistics: London, 2006., , , , .
- 15Department of Health. Smoking Kills: A White Paper on Tobacco. The Stationary Office: London, 1999.
- 21Action on Smoking and Health. Impact of Smoke-Free Legislation in Ireland. 2006. [WWW document]. URL http://www.ash.org.uk/html/publicplaces/html/irelandimpact.html (accessed 22/12/06).
- 27Long-term pharmacotherapy for obesity and overweight. Cochrane Database of Syst Rev 2004; 3: CD004094., ,