Obesity Policy Action framework and analysis grids for a comprehensive policy approach to reducing obesity
Article first published online: 27 AUG 2008
© 2008 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2008 International Association for the Study of Obesity
Volume 10, Issue 1, pages 76–86, January 2009
How to Cite
Sacks, G., Swinburn, B. and Lawrence, M. (2009), Obesity Policy Action framework and analysis grids for a comprehensive policy approach to reducing obesity. Obesity Reviews, 10: 76–86. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-789X.2008.00524.x
- Issue published online: 23 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 27 AUG 2008
- Received 17 June 2008; revised 23 July 2008; accepted 28 July 2008
- 1World Health Organization (WHO). Prevention and Control of Noncommunicable Diseases: Implementation of the Global Strategy. Sixty-First World Health Assembly, Resolution WHA61.14, Geneva, May 24. World Health Organization: Geneva. [WWW document]. URL http://www.who.int/nmh/ (accessed July 2008).
- 2World Health Organization (WHO). Action Plan for the Global Strategy for the Prevention and Control of Noncommunicable Diseases. World Health Organization: Geneva. [WWW document]. URL http://www.who.int/mediacentre/events/2008/wha61/issues_paper2/en/index.html (accessed July 2008).
- 6Definitions of Public Policy and the Law. [WWW document]. URL http://www.vawprevention.org/policy/definition.shtml (28 February 2007)..
- 7Health Policy. An Introduction to Process and Power. Zed Books: London, 1994..
- 14World Health Organization (WHO). Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Activity and Health: A Framework to Monitor and Evaluate Implementation. World Health Organization: Geneva, 2006.
- 16The Australian Policy Handbook, 3rd, edn. Allen and Unwin: Sydney, 2004., .
- 17Nutrition Policy for Food-Rich Countries: A Strategic Analysis. The John Hopkins University Press: London, 1990..
- 18Concepts and guiding principles. In: LawrenceM, WorsleyT (eds). Public Health Nutrition: From Principles to Practice. Allen and Unwin: Sydney, 2007, pp. 5–27., .
- 19Health promotion and the common good: towards a politics of practice. Crit Public Health 1998; 8: 107–129..
- 20The New Public Health: An Australian Perspective, 2nd, edn. Oxford University Press: Melbourne, 2003..
- 21The Giessen Declaration. Public Health Nutr 2005; 8: 783–786.
- 24Introduction to the social determinants of health. In: RaphaelD (ed.). Social Determinants of Health – Canadian Perspectives. Canadian Scholar's Press Inc: Toronto, 2004, pp. 1–18..
- 25Introduction. In: MarmotM, WilkinsonRG (eds). Social Determinants of Health, 2nd, edn. Oxford University Press: Oxford, 2006, pp. 1–16..
- 27World Health Organization/World Economic Forum. Preventing Noncommunicable Diseases in the Workplace through Diet and Physical Activity: WHO/World Economic Forum Report of a Joint Event, 2008. World Health Organization and World Economic Forum: Geneva, 2008.