Diogenes is the acronym of the project ‘Diet, Obesity and Genes’ supported by the European Community (Contract no. FOOD-CT-2005-513946, http://www.diogenes-eu.org).
The Diet, Obesity and Genes (Diogenes) Dietary Study in eight European countries – a comprehensive design for long-term intervention
Version of Record online: 28 MAY 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 International Association for the Study of Obesity
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 76–91, January 2010
How to Cite
Larsen, T. M., Dalskov, S., Van Baak, M., Jebb, S., Kafatos, A., Pfeiffer, A., Martinez, J. A., Handjieva-Darlenska, T., Kunešová, M., Holst, C., Saris, W. H. M. and Astrup, A. (2010), The Diet, Obesity and Genes (Diogenes) Dietary Study in eight European countries – a comprehensive design for long-term intervention. Obesity Reviews, 11: 76–91. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-789X.2009.00603.x
- Issue online: 22 DEC 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 MAY 2009
- Received 19 December 2008; revised 27 February 2009; accepted 24 March 2009
- 1International Association for the Study of Obesity. Adult overweight and obesity in the European Union (EU27) & Switzerland. 2008 [WWW document]. URL http://www.iotf.org/database/documents/ECOversionAdultEU27Switzerland.pdf (accessed September 2008).
- 10World Medical Association. Declaration of Helsinki – ethical principles for medical research involving human subjects. 2004. [WWW document]. URL http://www.wma.net/e/policy/pdf/17c.pdf (accessed July 2008).
- 11United Nations. Convention on the rights of the child. 1989. [WWW document]. URL http://www2.ohchr.org/english/law/pdf/crc.pdf (accessed July 2008).
- 13Epidata (version 3) – a comprehensive tool for validated entry and documentation of data. The Epidata association, Odense, Denmark. 2004. Ref Type: Computer Program., .
- 17Effect of rimonabant on energy intake, motivation to eat and body weight with or without Hypocaloric Diet: the REBA Study. Obes Rev 2006; 7: 104 (abstract)., , , , , , , .
- 20Development of the Habitual Activity Estimation Scale for clinical research: a systematic approach. Pediatr Exerc Sci 2006; 18: 193–202., .
- 22Public Health: What is It and How It Works. Aspen: Bethesda, MD, 1997..
- 24International Association for the Study of Obesity. Childhood overweight in the European Union (EU27) & Switzerland. [WWW document]. URL http://www.iotf.org/database/documents/ECO08ChildEU27final.pdf (assessed February 2009).