The Intracranial Hypertension Registry is a joint project of the Intracranial Hypertension Research Foundation and the Casey Eye Institute at Oregon Health & Science University.
Idiopathic intracranial hypertension in the USA: the role of obesity in establishing prevalence and healthcare costs
Version of Record online: 26 AUG 2010
© 2010 The Authors. obesity reviews © 2010 International Association for the Study of Obesity
Volume 12, Issue 5, pages e372–e380, May 2011
How to Cite
Friesner, D., Rosenman, R., Lobb, B. M. and Tanne, E. (2011), Idiopathic intracranial hypertension in the USA: the role of obesity in establishing prevalence and healthcare costs. Obesity Reviews, 12: e372–e380. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-789X.2010.00799.x
- Issue online: 19 APR 2011
- Version of Record online: 26 AUG 2010
- Received 5 March 2010; revised 4 June 2010; accepted 1 July 2010
- 5The incidence of pseudotumor cerebri: population studies in Iowa and Louisiana. Arch Neurol 1998; 45: 875–877., , .
- 6Interventions for idiopathic intracranial hypertension. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2005; 3: 1–9, 12., .
- 10Diagnostic criteria for idiopathic intracranial hypertension. Neurology 2002; 56: 1492–1495., .
- 21Obesity in America.org. The Endocrine Society and Hormone Foundation. [WWW document]. URL http://www.obesityinamerica.org (accessed October 2008).
- 22U.S. Census Bureau. [WWW document]. URL http://www.census.gov/population/www/projections/natsum-T3.html (accessed October 2008).
- 23Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. HCUP Nationwide Inpatient Sample (NIS): Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). 2005. [WWW document]. URL http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/nisoverview.jsp (accessed October 2008).
- 25Bariatric surgery utilization and outcomes in 1998 and 2004. 2007. AHRQ Statistical Brief # 23. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. [WWW document]. URL http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/statbriefs.jsp (accessed October 2008)., .
- 26U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. HHS Homepage. 2008. [WWW document]. URL http://www.cms.hhs.gov/pfslookup/02_PFSsearch.asp (accessed October 2008).
- 27Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. (n.d.). Economic Research. [WWW document]. URL http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/categories/15 (accessed October 2008).
- 32Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). NHE08 Summary and GDP. 2008. [WWW document]. URL http://www.NationalHealthExpendData/02_NationalHealthAccountsHistorical.asp#TopOfPage (accessed October 2008).