This work was conducted as part of the PROGRESS (PRevent Obesity GRowing Economic Synthesis Study) funded by the National Preventative Research Initiative and the Universities of Aberdeen and Melbourne.
Effects of lifestyle interventions and long-term weight loss on lipid outcomes – a systematic review
Article first published online: 4 MAR 2011
© 2011 The Authors. obesity reviews © 2011 International Association for the Study of Obesity
Volume 12, Issue 5, pages e412–e425, May 2011
How to Cite
Aucott, L., Gray, D., Rothnie, H., Thapa, M. and Waweru, C. (2011), Effects of lifestyle interventions and long-term weight loss on lipid outcomes – a systematic review. Obesity Reviews, 12: e412–e425. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-789X.2010.00819.x
The PROGRESS group consists of the following applicants: Lorna Aucott1, Alison Avenell2, Flora Douglas1, Alison Goode3, Kostas Mavromaras3, Mandy Ryan5, Matt Sutton4, Edwin van Teijlingen6 and Luke Vale2,5.
1University of Aberdeen Section of Population Health; 2University of Aberdeen Health Services Research Unit (HSRU); 3University of Melbourne; 4University of Manchester; 5University of Aberdeen Health Economics Research Unit (HERU); 6University of Bournmouth.
HERU and HSRU are core funded by the Chief Scientist Office of the Scottish Government Health Directorates. AA was funded by a Career Scientist award from the Scottish Government Health Directorates.
- Issue published online: 19 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 4 MAR 2011
- Received 14 May 2010; revised 26 August 2010; accepted 14 September 2010
This article has been cited by:
- You have free access to this content1
- 2Handbook of Obesity – Volume 2, 2014,,
- 5Prediabetes: A Prevalent and Treatable, but Often Unrecognized, Clinical Condition, Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2013, 113, 2, 213, ,
- 6The Independent Effect of Age Groups on the Effectiveness of Lifestyle Intervention, Current Obesity Reports, 2013, 2, 2, 107, , ,
- 7Type 2 diabetes patients’ preferences and willingness to pay for lifestyle programs: a discrete choice experiment, BMC Public Health, 2013, 13, 1, 1099, , , , , ,
- 8Distribution of 10-Year and Lifetime Predicted Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Prior to Surgery in the Longitudinal Assessment of Bariatric Surgery-2 Study, The American Journal of Cardiology, 2012, 110, 8, 1130, , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 9Drug Treatment of Obesity in Cardiovascular Disease, American Journal Cardiovascular Drugs, 2012, 12, 2, 93, ,
- 10Metformin-based treatment for obesity-related hypertension, Journal of Hypertension, 2012, 30, 7, 1430, , , , , , , , , ,
- 11Obesity and metabolic syndrome as related to cardiovascular disease, Expert Review of Cardiovascular Therapy, 2012, 10, 7, 933, ,
- 12Osteoprotective effects of Cimicifuga racemosa and its triterpene-saponins are responsible for reduction of bone marrow fat, Phytomedicine, 2012, 19, 10, 855, , , , , , , ,
- 13The effects of lifestyle interventions in dynapenic-obese postmenopausal women, Menopause: The Journal of The North American Menopause Society, 2012, 19, 9, 1015, , , ,
- 14Does Sustained Weight Loss Reverse the Metabolic Syndrome?, Current Hypertension Reports, 2011, 13, 6, 456, ,