A review of electronic interventions for prevention and treatment of overweight and obesity in young people
Article first published online: 23 FEB 2011
© 2011 The Authors. obesity reviews © 2011 International Association for the Study of Obesity
Volume 12, Issue 5, pages e298–e314, May 2011
How to Cite
Nguyen, B., Kornman, K. P. and Baur, L. A. (2011), A review of electronic interventions for prevention and treatment of overweight and obesity in young people. Obesity Reviews, 12: e298–e314. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-789X.2010.00830.x
- Issue published online: 19 APR 2011
- Article first published online: 23 FEB 2011
- Received 16 June 2010; revised 5 October 2010; accepted 8 October 2010
- 5Application of innovative technologies in the prevention and treatment of overweight in children and adolescents. In: JelalianE, SteeleRG (eds). Handbook of Childhood and Adolescent Obesity. Springer Science + Business Media: New York, 2008, pp. 378–404..
- 8Cochrane Consumers and Communication Review Group. Data extraction template for cochrane reviews. [WWW document]. URL http://www.latrobe.edu.au/chcp/assets/downloads/DET_2009update.doc (accessed November 8 2010).
- 9Cochrane Consumers and Communications Review Group. Study quality guide. [WWW document]. URL http://www.latrobe.edu.au/chcp/assets/downloads/StudyQualityGuide050307.pdf (accessed November 8 2010)., , , , , ,
- 10Department of Information Services, University of Wales College of Medicine. Appraisal checklists. [WWW document]. URL http://hebw.cf.ac.uk/methodology/appendix7.htm (accessed November 8 2010).
- 11The fun, food, and fitness project (FFFP): the baylor GEMS pilot study. Ethn Dis 2003; 13 (Suppl. 1): S30–S39., , , , , , .
- 24The effects of an innovative WWW-based health behavior program on the nutritional practices of tenth grade girls: preliminary report on the Eat4Life program. J Gend Cult Health 1998; 3: 121–128., , , , , .
- 25The effects of the Eat4Life Internet-based health behavior program on the nutrition and activity practices of high school girls. J Gend Cult Health 1999; 4: 239–254., , , , , .
- 26Examining Fit Web: A New Approach to the Conceptualization and Treatment of Pediatric Obesity. U Navada: Reno, NV, 2007..
- 28Early Intervention of Eating- and Weight-Related Problems Via the Internet in Overweight Adolescents: A Randomized Controlled Trial. U California, San Diego; San Diego State University: San Diego, CA, 2005..
- 32Mediators of weight loss in an internet-based intervention for African–American adolescent girls. Diss Abstr Int: Sect B: Sciences Engineering 2004; 7(7-B): 3546..
- 35Social Foundations of Thought and Action: A Social Cognitive Theory. Prentice-Hall: Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1986..
- 37National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia. Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Management of Overweight and Obesity in Children and Adolescents. [WWW document]. URL http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/obesityguidelines-guidelines-children.htm/$FILE/children.pdf (accessed November 8 2010).