Re-use of this article is permitted in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out at http://wileyonlinelibrary.com/onlineopen#OnlineOpen_Terms
Outcome results for the Ma'alahi Youth Project, a Tongan community-based obesity prevention programme for adolescents
Version of Record online: 18 OCT 2011
© 2011 The Authors. obesity reviews © 2011 International Association for the Study of Obesity
Special Issue: The Pacific Obesity Prevention In Communities Project (OPIC)
Volume 12, Issue Supplement s2, pages 41–50, November 2011
How to Cite
Fotu, K. F., Millar, L., Mavoa, H., Kremer, P., Moodie, M., Snowdon, W., Utter, J., Vivili, P., Schultz, J. T., Malakellis, M., McCabe, M. P., Roberts, G. and Swinburn, B. A. (2011), Outcome results for the Ma'alahi Youth Project, a Tongan community-based obesity prevention programme for adolescents. Obesity Reviews, 12: 41–50. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-789X.2011.00923.x
- Issue online: 18 OCT 2011
- Version of Record online: 18 OCT 2011
- Received 19 April 2011; revised 8 July 2011; accepted 8 July 2011
- 1World Health Organization. The World Health Report 2006 – Working Together for Health. World Health Organization: Geneva, 2006.
- 3Members of the Health Behaviour and Lifestyle of Pacific Youth Survey Collaborating Group, Tonga Core Survey Team. Body mass index, physical activity and dietary behaviours among adolescents in the Kingdom of Tonga. Public Health Nutr 2007; 10: 137–144., , , , ,
- 5Economic impact assessment of non-communicable diseases on hospital resources in Tonga, Vanuatu and Kiribati. Pacific Action for Health Project. Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Noumea, New Caledonia, 2003. [WWW document]. URL http://www.spc.int (accessed September 2010)..
- 7World Health Organization. Tonga; Health Situation and Trend. World Health Organization: Geneva, 2010.
- 8Lifestyle Diseases in Pacific Communities. Secretariat of the Pacific Community: Noumea, 2000..
- 10Body, Self, and Society: The View from Fiji. University of Pennsylvania Press: Philadelphia, PA, 1995..
- 12These Roots Remain: Food Habits in Islands of the Central and Eastern Pacific. Institute of Polynesian Studies: Laie, HI, 1992..
- 16Systematic review of school-based interventions that focus on changing dietary intake and physical activity levels to prevent childhood obesity: an update to the obesity guidance produced by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Obes Rev 2009; 10: 110–141., .
- 20The Pacific OPIC project (Obesity Prevention In Communities): action plans and interventions. Pac Health Dialog 2007; 14: 147–154., , , , , .
- 21The Pacific OPIC project (Obesity Prevention In Communities) – objectives and designs. Pac Health Dialog 2007; 14: 139–146., , , , , et al.
- 27World Health Organization. WHO Reference 2007; Growth Reference Data for 5–19 Years. WHO: Geneva, 2010.
- 29Nutrition and physical activity in children and adolescents: Report 1: methods and tools. In: (Victoria) DoHS (ed.). Sentinel Site Series. Deakin University: Geelong, 2009. [WWW document]. URL http://www.deakin.edu.au/dro/view/DU:30023891 (accessed February 2010)., , , , , et al.
- 30Using Multivariate Statistics, 5th edn. Pearson/Allyn & Bacon: Boston, MA, 2007., .
- 34The ‘C’ factor: cultural underpinnings of food, eating and body size. International Congress on Obesity (10th, 2006, Sydney, NSW). ICMS Australasia Pty Ltd: Sydney, NSW, p. 8, 2006..
- 36Patterns of physical activity for adolescent girls in Fiji and Tonga. Joint Conference of the Australian Psychological Society and the New Zealand Psychological Society. APS and NZPsS 2006: The Abstracts of the 2006 Joint Conference of the Australian Psychological Society and the New Zealand Psychological Society: Auckland, New Zealand, 162–163, 2006., , .
- 40The Ministry of Health. Tonga National Strategy to Prevent and Control NCD. The Ministry of Health: Nuku'alofa, 2010.