This is an expanded version of a paper read at the XIXth International Geographical Congress, Stockholm, August, 1960. For encouragement, advice, and criticism, I am grateful to George A. Cooper, Richard Hartshorne, William C. Lewis, William D. Pattison, Michael G. Smith, Philip L. Wagner, William Warntz, J. W. N. Watson, and John K. Wright. Richard F. Kuhns, Jr., has kindly read and commented on several drafts of the manuscript, and I am indebted to him for numerous suggestions and references.
GEOGRAPHY, EXPERIENCE, AND IMAGINATION: TOWARDS A GEOGRAPHICAL EPISTEMOLOGY1
Article first published online: 23 FEB 2005
Annals of the Association of American Geographers
Volume 51, Issue 3, pages 241–260, September 1961
How to Cite
LOWENTHAL, D. (1961), GEOGRAPHY, EXPERIENCE, AND IMAGINATION: TOWARDS A GEOGRAPHICAL EPISTEMOLOGY. Annals of the Association of American Geographers, 51: 241–260. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8306.1961.tb00377.x
- Issue published online: 23 FEB 2005
- Article first published online: 23 FEB 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!