Negotiating human research ethics: Case notes from anthropologists in the field (Respond to this article at http://www.therai.org.uk/at/debate)
Article first published online: 3 OCT 2011
© RAI 2011
Volume 27, Issue 5, pages 13–17, October 2011
How to Cite
Chenhall, R., Senior, K. and Belton, S. (2011), Negotiating human research ethics: Case notes from anthropologists in the field (Respond to this article at http://www.therai.org.uk/at/debate). Anthropology Today, 27: 13–17. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8322.2011.00827.x
- Issue published online: 3 OCT 2011
- Article first published online: 3 OCT 2011
- 2008. Research ethics across disciplines. Anthropology Today 24(3): 15–19. &
- 2007. Benelong's Haven: Recovery from alcohol and drug abuse within an Aboriginal Australian residential treatment centre. Melbourne : Melbourne University Press.
- 2010. Resources employed by health researchers to ensure ethical research practice. Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics 5(2): 21–34. et al.
- 2004. Ethics, reflexivity, and ‘ethically important moments’ in research. Qualitative Inquiry 10(2): 261–280. &
- 2005. Conflicting notions of research ethics? The mutually challenging traditions of social scientists and medical researchers. Social Science and Medicine 61: 1741–1749. , &
- ‘Growing up our way’: The first year of life in remote Aboriginal Australia. Qualitative Health Research. , , & (in press).
- 2008. Ethics and ethnography of medical research in Africa. Social Science and Medicine 67(5): 685–95. &
- NHMRC 2001. Human research ethics handbook.
- NHMRC 2003. Values and ethics: Guidelines for ethical conduct in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health research.
- NHMRC 2007. National statement on ethical conduct in human research.
- NHMRC 2008. National ethics application form. https://www.neaf.gov.au/default.aspx.
- NHMRC 2011. Human Research Ethics Committees (HRECs).
- NHMRC 2011. History of ethics and ethical review of human research in Australia.
- 2001. Judging the ethics of qualitative research: Considering the ‘ethics as process’ model. Health and Social Care in the Community 9(6): 358–366. &
- 2001. Ethics of qualitative research: Are there special issues for health services research? Family Practice 19(2): 135–139. &
- 1976. Ethics and anthropology: Dilemmas in fieldwork. New York : John Wiley. &