Culpability, Duress and Excuses
I—Culpability and Duress: A Case Study
Article first published online: 3 JUN 2014
© 2014 The Aristotelian Society
Aristotelian Society Supplementary Volume
Volume 88, Issue 1, pages 69–90, June 2014
How to Cite
Rosen, G. (2014), I—Culpability and Duress: A Case Study. Aristotelian Society Supplementary Volume, 88: 69–90. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8349.2014.00233.x
- Issue published online: 3 JUN 2014
- Article first published online: 3 JUN 2014
- Aristotle 1985: Nicomachean Ethics. Translated with introduction, notes and glossary by Terence Irwin. Indianapolis, IN: Hackett.
- 2003: ‘Law in the Heart of Darkness: Atrocity and Duress’. Virginia Journal of International Law, 43, pp. 861–88.
- A Sketch of a Theory of Blameworthiness’. To appear in Philosophy and Phenomenological Research. forthcoming: ‘
- ICTY 1996a: Prosecutor v. Dražen Erdemović, case no. IT-96-22-T. Transcript of first trial session, 31 May 1996. http://www.icty.org/x/cases/erdemovic/trans/en/960531ID.htm.
- ICTY 1996b: Prosecutor v. Dražen Erdemović, case no. IT-96-22-T. Transcript of second trial session, 19 November 1996. http://www.icty.org/x/cases/erdemovic/trans/en/961119IT.htm.
- ICTY 1996c: Prosecutor v. Dražen Erdemović, case no. IT-96-22-T. Transcript of continuation of second trial session, 20 November 1996. http://www.icty.org/x/cases/erdemovic/trans/en/961120ED.htm.
- 1797: The Metaphysics of Morals. Edited by Mary Gregor. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1996.
- R v. Dudley and Stephens  14 QBD 273 DC, All ER Rep 61.
- 2003: Emotions: An Essay in Aid of Moral Psychology, Cambridge University Press.
- 2009: ‘Kleinbart the Oblivious and Other Tales of Ignorance and Responsibility’. Journal of Philosophy, 105(10), pp. 591–610.
- 1972: ‘Famine, Affluence and Morality’. Philosophy and Public Affairs, 1(3), pp. 229–43.
- 2008: Moral Dimensions: Permissibility, Meaning, Blame. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- 1962: ‘Freedom and Resentment’. Proceedings of the British Academy, 48, pp. 187–211.
- 1998: ‘The International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia: The Erdemović Case’. International and Comparative Law Quarterly, 47, pp. 461–74.
- 1973: ‘A Critique of Utilitarianism’. In and , Utilitarianism: For and Against. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.