This paper is one result of the project ‘The Investment Climate in East Asia: ICSEAD's Index for Ranking Locations’, which was undertaken by the International Centre for the Study of East Asian Development (ICSEAD) in fiscal years 2008–2009. Junichi Hasegawa was leader for most of the project (followed by the author), which also included Erbiao Dai and Chikashi Kishimoto. Shahrazat Binti Haji Ahmad provided key research assistance. The author is grateful for comments on earlier versions of this paper from project participants, Chih-Hai Yang and other participants of the Western Economic Association International's Pacific Rim Conference (24–27 March 2009, Ryukoku University, Kyoto, Japan), and participants of an ICSEAD Staff Seminar on 11 May 2010. The author is also grateful for comments from anonymous referees and editors. However, any remaining omissions or errors are the author's sole responsibility.
Ranking Locations for Japan's Manufacturing Multinationals in Asia: A Literature Survey Illustrated with Indexes*
Article first published online: 14 JUN 2011
© 2011 The Author. Asian Economic Journal © 2011 East Asian Economic Association and Blackwell Publishing Pty Ltd
Asian Economic Journal
Volume 25, Issue 2, pages 197–226, June 2011
How to Cite
Ramstetter, E. D. (2011), Ranking Locations for Japan's Manufacturing Multinationals in Asia: A Literature Survey Illustrated with Indexes. Asian Economic Journal, 25: 197–226. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8381.2011.02057.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 14 JUN 2011
- Received 12 May 2010; Accepted 17 January 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!