Sponsorship and fund-raising in New Zealand schools: implications for health
Version of Record online: 25 SEP 2007
Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health
Volume 29, Issue 4, pages 331–336, August 2005
How to Cite
Richards, R., Darling, H. and Reeder, A. I. (2005), Sponsorship and fund-raising in New Zealand schools: implications for health. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 29: 331–336. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-842X.2005.tb00203.x
- Issue online: 25 SEP 2007
- Version of Record online: 25 SEP 2007
- Revision requested: January 2005 Accepted: June 2005
- 1How Do Effective Schools Manage Their Finances? [Funding study released page on the Internet]. Wellington ( NZ ) : New Zealand School Trustees Association; 2004 [cited 6 October 2004]. Available from: http:www.nzsta.org.nzw Frameset_Content.aspPageID100002644&Levelone100002644.,
- 2Marketing Social Change. Wellington ( NZ ) : Health Sponsorship Council; 2001.
- 3Promiscuous corporations: desiring schoolchildren. In: Consuming Children: Education — Entertainment — Advertising. Buckingham ( UK ) : Open University Press; 2001. p. 91–120.,
- 4Sponsorship: from management ego trip to marketing success. J Advertising Res. 1996; 36(4): 11–19.,
- 5What should we teach? Buy me!Buy Me!: Fourth annual report on commercialism in schools. Educ Leadership. 2001; 59(2): 1–9.,
- 6Cashing In On Kids: The Second Annual Report On Trends In Schoolhouse Commercialism [EPSL Education Policy Studies Laboratory: CERU page on the Internet]. Temple ( AZ ) : Arizona State University; 1999 [cited 2004 October 6]. Available from: http:www.asu.edueducepslCERUAnnual20reportscace-99-21.htm.
- 8Looking for Funds in All the Wrong Places: Exclusive Agreements and Incentive Programs may be Doing More Harm Than Good [EPSL Education Policy Studies Laboratory:CERU page on the Internet]. Temple ( AZ ) : Arizona State University; 2000 [cited 2004 October 6]. Available from: http:www.asu.edueducepslCERUDocumentscace-0004.htm.
- 17One news/AAP. McDonald's Health Role Panned. [News Health Headlines page on the Internet]. Television New Zealand. Wellington ( NZ ) : TVNZ; 2004 [cited 2004 October 6]. Available from: http:tvnz.co.nzviewnews_health_story_skin4356563 fformathtml.
- 19Supping with the devil? Fundraising, sponsorship, and the Canadian public school system. Inter J Educ Reform. 1997; 6(2): 139–46.
- 20Corporate Involvement in Schools: Time for a More Critical Look. [EPSL Education Policy Studies LaboratorylCERU page on the Internet online]: Temple ( AZ ) : Arizona State University; 2000 [cited 2004 October 6]. Available from: http:www.asu.edueducepslCERUDocumentscace-01-01.html.
- 21Should commercial sponsorship be used to subsidize athletic programs J Phys Educ Rec Dance. 2002; 73:9.