Earlier versions of this paper were presented at the Asia Pacific Economic and Business History Conference, Sydney, 2007, the New Zealand Historical Association Conference, Wellington, 2007, and a workshop on ‘Exchange Rate Regimes in Historical Perspective’, University of Glasgow, March 2009. We thank the participants at these sessions together with the Reserve Bank of New Zealand Knowledge Centre and Statistics Unit, the Bank of England Archive, the Reserve Bank of Australia, Archives New Zealand, the National Archives of Australia and their staff. Thanks also to Gary Hawke and Lyndon Moore for comments on an earlier draft. The research is partly funded by the ESRC World Economy and Finance programme, RES-165-25-0004 and benefited from the research assistance of Dr Niall MacKenzie.
BASKET PEGS AND EXCHANGE RATE REGIME CHANGE: AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND IN THE MID-SEVENTIES*
Article first published online: 4 JUL 2011
© 2011 The Authors. Australian Economic History Review© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Asia Pty Ltd and the Economic History Society of Australia and New Zealand
Australian Economic History Review
Volume 51, Issue 2, pages 120–149, July 2011
How to Cite
SCHENK, C. and SINGLETON, J. (2011), BASKET PEGS AND EXCHANGE RATE REGIME CHANGE: AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND IN THE MID-SEVENTIES. Australian Economic History Review, 51: 120–149. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8446.2011.00327.x
- Issue published online: 4 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 4 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!