Acknowledgements: ESRC Grant Number R000223775 substantially funded the research for this article. In addition, I would particularly like to thank the Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited for granting me access to its outstanding archival collections and for permission to quote from them. I am also deeply indebted to two anonymous reviewers. Responsibility for the approach and content is entirely mine.
MAKING THE COLONIAL STATE: DEVELOPMENT, DEBT, AND WARFARE IN NEW ZEALAND, 1853–76
Article first published online: 23 JUL 2012
© 2012 The Author. Australian Economic History Review© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Asia Pty Ltd and the Economic History Society of Australia and New Zealand
Australian Economic History Review
Volume 52, Issue 2, pages 101–127, July 2012
How to Cite
ATTARD, B. (2012), MAKING THE COLONIAL STATE: DEVELOPMENT, DEBT, AND WARFARE IN NEW ZEALAND, 1853–76. Australian Economic History Review, 52: 101–127. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8446.2012.00345.x
- Issue published online: 23 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 23 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!