Effectively communicating economics to policy makers*
Article first published online: 20 SEP 2004
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics
Volume 48, Issue 3, pages 535–555, September 2004
How to Cite
Pannell, D. J. (2004), Effectively communicating economics to policy makers. Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 48: 535–555. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8489.2004.00256.x
- Issue published online: 20 SEP 2004
- Article first published online: 20 SEP 2004
- 1999, ‘A conceptual framework of adoption of an agricultural innovation’, Agricultural Economics, vol. 21, pp. 145–154. and
- 1995, ‘Between knowledge and power: utilisation of social science in public policy’, Policy Sciences, vol. 28, pp. 79–101.
- 1962, The Calculus of Consent: Logical Foundations of a Constitutional Democracy, University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor. and
- 1993, Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, Quill, New York.
- 2001, ‘Persuasion’, Scientific American, vol. 284, pp. 62–67.
- 1957, An Economic Theory of Democracy, Harper, New York.
- 1993, ‘The adoption of agricultural innovations: a review’, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, vol. 43, pp. 215–239. and
- 2001, ‘Improving communication between researchers and policy makers in long-term care: or, researchers are from Mars; policy makers are from Venus’, Gerontologist, vol. 41, pp. 312–321. , and
- 2002, ‘How to win arguments and influence debate’, CIS Executive Highlights, no. 72, The Centre for Independent Studies. [Online]. Available: http://www.cis.org.au/exechigh/Eh2002/EH7201.html
- 1996, The Psychology of Persuasion. How to Persuade Others to Your Way of Thinking, Pelican, Gretna.
- 1987, ‘Adoption and diffusion of technology: an overview’, in B.R. Champ, E. Highley and J.V. Remenyi (eds), Technological Change in Postharvest Handling and Transportation of Grains in the Humid Tropics, ACIAR Proceedings no. 19, ACAIR, Canberra, pp. 144–151.
- 2001, The Skeptical Environmentalist, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- 2003, ‘The economics of risk, uncertainty and learning in the adoption of new agricultural technologies: where are we on the learning curve?’, Agricultural Systems, vol. 75, pp. 215–234. , and
- 1997, ‘Sensitivity analysis of normative economic models: theoretical framework and practical strategies’, Agricultural Economics, vol. 16, pp. 139–152.
- 1999, ‘Social and economic challenges in the development of complex farming systems’, Agroforestry Systems, vol. 45, pp. 393–409.
- 1999, ‘The paradox of policy analysis: if it is not used, why do we produce so much of it?’, Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, vol. 18, pp. 226–244.
- 1977, Using Social Research in Public Policy Making, Lexington Books, Lexington, MA.
- 1989, ‘Congressional committees as users of analysis’, Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, vol. 8, pp. 411–431.