Towards the development of a transferable set of value estimates for environmental attributes
Article first published online: 22 MAR 2004
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics
Volume 48, Issue 1, pages 1–32, March 2004
How to Cite
Van Bueren, M. and Bennett, J. (2004), Towards the development of a transferable set of value estimates for environmental attributes. Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 48: 1–32. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8489.2004.t01-1-00228.x
- Issue published online: 22 MAR 2004
- Article first published online: 22 MAR 2004
- 1994, ‘Combining revealed and stated preference methods for valuing environmental amenities’, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, vol. 26, pp. 271–292. ., . and .
- ABS (Australian Bureau of Statistics) 1999a, ‘Environmental issues: people's views and practices’, Catalogue 4602.0, Canberra.
- ABS (Australian Bureau of Statistics) 1999b, ‘Regional population growth, Australian and New Zealand’, Catalogue 3218.0, Canberra.
- 1985, Discrete Choice Analysis: Theory and Application to Travel Demand, MIT Press, Cambridge. and
- 2001, The CM Approach to Environmental Valuation, Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham, UK. and
- 2001, ‘Estimating the environmental values of New South Wales rivers’, proceedings of the 3rd Australian Stream Management Conference, Brisbane, Australia, pp. 29–34. and
- 1998, ‘Testing the validity of responses to contingent valuation’, Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, vol. 42, pp. 131–148. , and
- 1999, ‘The use of policy labels in environmental choice modelling studies’, Choice Modelling Research Reports, Report no. 9, University of New South Wales, Canberra. , , , and
- 2000, ‘Valuing remnant vegetation in Central Queensland using Choice Modelling’, Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, vol. 44, pp. 439–456. , , and
- 1996, ‘A comparison of stated preference methods for environmental valuation’, Ecological Economics, vol. 8, pp. 243–253. , , , and
- 2000, ‘Environmental value transfer: state of the art and future prospects’, Ecological Economics, vol. 32, pp. 137–152.
- EA (Environment Australia) 1996, ‘State of the environment report – Australia, Canberra.
- FBA (Fitzroy Basin Association), 1998 ‘Central queensland strategy for sustainablity’. FBA report, Rockhampton, Queensland.
- 1995, ‘An empirical investigation of the consistency of nested logit models with utility maximisation’, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, vol. 77, pp. 875–884. and
- 1986, ‘On approximating the statistical properties of elasticities’, Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 72, pp. 189–190. and
- 1974, ‘The measurement of urban travel demand’, Journal of Public Economics, vol. 3, pp. 303–328.
- 1997, ‘The effect of distance on willingness to pay values: a case study of wetlands and salmon in California, Ecological Economics, vol. 20, pp. 199–207. and
- PMSEIC (Prime Minister's Science, Engineering and Innovation Council) 1999, ‘Dryland salinity and its impact on rural industries and the landscape, Occasional Paper Number 1, Canberra.
- Queensland EPA (Enviromental. Protection Authority) 1999, ‘State of the Environment – Queensland’, Brisbane.
- 1996, ‘Embedding in market demand systems’, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, vol. 30, pp. 369–380. and
- 1998, Complexities in the valuation of natural resources and the development of the choice modelling technique, unpublished PhD Thesis, University of New South Wales, Canberra.
- 2001, ‘Framing effects’ in: J.Bennett , and R.Blamey (eds), The Choice Modelling Approach to Environmental Valuation, Edward. Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham, UK. and
- 2000, ‘Choice modelling and its potential application to tropical rainforest preservation’, Ecological Economics, vol. 35, pp. 289–302. , and
- SCARM (Standing Committee of Agriculture and Resource Management) 1999, ‘Managing natural resources in rural Australia for a sustainable future. A discussion paper for developing a national policy’, December, Canberra.
- State Salinity Council 2000, ‘Western Australian Salinity Strategy 2000’, a report prepared by the WA State Salinity Council, Perth.
- 1985, ‘Effect of distance on the preservation value of water quality’, Land Econonmics, vol. 61, pp. 281–291. and
- 2001‘Non-market values of wetlands’, private and social values of wetlands research report no. 8, University of New South Wales, Canberra. and