R. Quentin Grafton (email: email@example.com) and Tom Kompas are from the Crawford School of Economics and Government at the Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia.
Pricing Sydney water*
Version of Record online: 7 AUG 2007
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics
Volume 51, Issue 3, pages 227–241, September 2007
How to Cite
Grafton, R. Q. and Kompas, T. (2007), Pricing Sydney water. Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 51: 227–241. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8489.2007.00390.x
An earlier version of this paper was presented at the February 2006 AARES meeting in Sydney. We are grateful to the helpful comments of two anonymous reviewers and also Jack Pezzey, Steve Dowrick and David Campbell. We also thank Quynh Nguyen and Pham Van Ha for valuable research assistance.
- Issue online: 7 AUG 2007
- Version of Record online: 7 AUG 2007
- Business Council of Australia (2006). Water under Pressure: Australia's Man Made Water Scarcity and How to Fix It. Available from URL: http://www.bca.com.au/Content.aspx?ContentID=100665[accessed 3 Apr 2007].
- 2006). Water rights: a comparison of the impacts of urban and irrigation reforms in Australia, Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 50, 451–462. and (
- 2003). Price and income elasticities of residential water demand: a meta-analysis. Land Economics 79, 292–308. , , and (
- 2006). Urban water policy: in need of economics, Agenda 13, 3–16. (
- 2006). Water Resource Economics. The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts. (
- 2006). Urban water demand with fixed volumetric charging in a large municipality: the case of Brisbane, Australia, Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 50, 347–359. , and (
- Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (2005). Sydney Water Corporation, Hunter Water Corporation, Sydney Catchment Authority Prices of Water Supply Wastewater and Stormwater Services Final Report.
- 1998). Forecasting Methods and Applications. John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, New Jersey. , and (
- New South Wales Government (2004). Meeting the Challenges: Securing Sydney's Water Future. Available from URL: http://www.dipnr.nsw.gov.au[accessed 3 Apr 2007].
- New South Wales Government (2006). Metropolitan Water Plan. Available from URL: http://www.waterforlife.nsw.gov.au/about_water_for_life/metropolitan_water_plan[accessed 3 Apr 2007].
- Productivity Commission (2006). Rural Water Use and the Environment: The Role of Market Mechanisms. Research Report, Melbourne.
- 2006). Urban water supply in Australia: the option of diverting water from irrigation, Public Policy 1, 14–22. (
- 1992). Evaluating the welfare effects of reforming municipal water prices, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management 22, 147–163. (
- 2006a). Urban water pricing, Agenda 13, 17–30. (
- 2006b). Efficient urban water pricing, Australian Economic Review 39, 227–237. (
- Sydney Catchment Authority (2006a). Metropolitan Water Plan: Ground Water Investigation Report. Available from URL: http://www.sca.nsw.gov.au/publications/117.html[accessed 3 Apr 2007].
- Sydney Catchment Authority (2006b). Shoalhaven Water Supply Transfers and Environmental Flows August 2006 Discussion Paper. Available from URL: http://www.sca.nsw.gov.au/publications/files/SH001.pdf[accessed 3 Apr 2007].
- Sydney Water (2006). Mandatory water restrictions. Available from URL: http://www.sydneywater.com.au/SavingWater/WaterRestrictions/[accessed 3 Apr 2007].
- 2002). Public Finance: A Normative Theory. Academic Press, San Diego. (
- 2006). Without water: The economics of supplying water to 5 million more Australians. In, Water for a healthy country, flagship report. CSIRO and Monash University, Melbourne. , , and (