S. Niggol Seo (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) is a Senior Fellow, Agricultural and Resource Economics, Faculty of Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources, The University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
The impacts of climate change on Australia and New Zealand: a Gross Cell Product analysis by land cover*
Version of Record online: 7 APR 2011
© 2011 The Author. AJARE © 2011 Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society Inc. and Blackwell Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics
Volume 55, Issue 2, pages 220–238, April 2011
How to Cite
Seo, S. N. (2011), The impacts of climate change on Australia and New Zealand: a Gross Cell Product analysis by land cover. Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 55: 220–238. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8489.2011.00531.x
I thank Professor William Nordhaus at Yale University for more than a decade long efforts in building the G-ECON database. The views expressed in this paper are the author’s alone.
- Issue online: 7 APR 2011
- Version of Record online: 7 APR 2011
- 2009). Distortions to Agricultural Incentives: A Global Perspective, 1955–2007. Palgrave Macmillan, London and World Bank, Washington, DC. (
- Australian Bureau of Agriculture and Resource Economics (ABARE). (2010). ABARE farm surveys. Available from URL: http://www.abare.gov.au/publications_html/surveys/surveys/surveys.html [accessed 7 March 2011].
- CSIRO (2010). OzClim-climate change scenario generator. Available from URL: http://www.csiro.au/ozclim/home.do [accessed 7 March 2011].
- 2001). Transforming population data for interdisciplinary usages: from census to grid. Center for International Earth Science Information Network, Palisades, NY, USA. , and (
- 2009). Temperature and income: reconciling new cross-sectional and panel estimates, American Economic Review 99(2), 198–204. , and (
- 2003). Assessing the impact of the Green Revolution, 1960–2000, Science 300, 758–762. and (
- FAO-UNESCO. (1987). Soils of the World Food and Agriculture Organization and the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization. Elsevier Science Publishing Co. Inc., New York, NY, USA.
- 2010). Climate change and the Australian agricultural and resource industries, The Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 54, 9–25. (
- 1993). Spatial Regression Analysis on the PC: Spatial Statistics Using SAS. American Association of Geographers, Washington, DC, USA. (
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). (2007a). The Physical Science Basis, Fourth Assessment Report, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) (2007b). Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability, Fourth Assessment Report, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
- 2005). Atmospheric CO2 Records from Sites in the SIO Air Sampling Network, in Trends: A Compendium of Data on Global Change. Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, U.S. Department of Energy, Oak Ridge, TN, USA Available from URL: http://cdiac.ornl.gov/trends/co2/contents.htm [accessed 7 March 2011]. and (
- 1983). Global vegetation and land use: new high-resolution data bases for climate studies, Journal of Climate and Applied Meteorology 22(3), 474–487. (
- 2002). A high-resolution data set of surface climate over global land areas, Climate Research 21, 1–25. , , and (
- 2006). Geography and macroeconomics: new data and new findings, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 103(10), 3510–3517. (
- 2000). Warming the World: Economic Models of Global Warming. MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass. and (
- 2009). Nonlinear temperature effects indicate severe damages to crop yields under climate change, Proceedings of National Science of Academy of the United States 106(37), 15594–15598. and (
- 2010a). Is an integrated farm more resilient against climate change? A micro-econometric analysis of portfolio diversification in African agriculture, Food Policy 35, 32–40. (
- 2010b). Managing forests, livestock, and crops under global warming: a microeconometric analysis of land use changes in Africa, The Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 54, 239–258. (
- 2010c). A microeconometric analysis of adapting portfolios to climate change: adoption of agricultural systems in Latin America, Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy 32, 489–514. (
- 2008). Measuring impacts and adaptations to climate change: a structural Ricardian model of African livestock management, Agricultural Economics 38(2), 151–165. and (
- 2005). Climate change and agriculture in Sri Lanka: a Ricardian valuation, Environment and Development Economics 10(5), 581–596. , and (
- 2002). Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data. MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, USA. (
- 1986). A world soil file for global climate modeling. NASA Technical Memorandum 87802, NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), 2880 Broadway, New York, N.Y. 10025, USA. (