Diane Jass Ketelhut is an assistant professor of Science Education at Temple University. She is currently investigating the use of virtual environments for science assessment. Brian C. Nelson is an assistant professor of Educational Technology at Arizona State University. His current research examines learning, assessment, and engagement issues involved in the use of immersive computer games for STEM education. Jody Clarke is a research associate at Harvard Graduate School of Education. Her research focuses on how immersive technologies enable new approaches and methods for assessing and understanding learning. Chris Dede is the Timothy E. Wirth professor in Learning Technologies at Harvard Graduate School of Education; his fields of scholarship include emerging technologies, policy, and leadership.
A multi-user virtual environment for building and assessing higher order inquiry skills in science
Article first published online: 20 DEC 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Becta
British Journal of Educational Technology
Volume 41, Issue 1, pages 56–68, January 2010
How to Cite
Ketelhut, D. J., Nelson, B. C., Clarke, J. and Dede, C. (2010), A multi-user virtual environment for building and assessing higher order inquiry skills in science. British Journal of Educational Technology, 41: 56–68. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8535.2009.01036.x
- Issue published online: 20 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 20 DEC 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!