Reynol Junco is a professor in the Department of Academic Development and Counseling at Lock Haven University. His research investigates the effects of social media on student development, engagement and success. C. Michael Elavsky is an assistant professor in the Department of Media Studies at the Pennsylvania State University. His research addresses a wide range of issues including media studies, new media, pedagogy, the cultural industries and music as cultural/political communication. Greg Heiberger is coordinator, advisor and instructor of Pre-Health Professional Programs in the Biology & Microbiology Department at South Dakota State University. His main research interests are innovative interventions which increase student engagement, success and retention.
Putting twitter to the test: Assessing outcomes for student collaboration, engagement and success
Article first published online: 1 MAR 2012
© 2012 The Authors. British Journal of Educational Technology © 2012 BERA
British Journal of Educational Technology
Volume 44, Issue 2, pages 273–287, March 2013
How to Cite
Junco, R., Elavsky, C. M. and Heiberger, G. (2013), Putting twitter to the test: Assessing outcomes for student collaboration, engagement and success. British Journal of Educational Technology, 44: 273–287. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8535.2012.01284.x
- Issue published online: 19 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 1 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!