1Throughout this paper the use of capitals (e.g. Leadership, Management, Performance, Motivation) indicates the appraised function in the Royal Navy or the specific psychometric scale/dimension. Use of lower case indicates the generic concept (with the exception of titles).
Similarities and Differences between Leadership and Management: High-Performance Competencies in the British Royal Navy
Article first published online: 6 NOV 2007
© 2007 British Academy of Management
British Journal of Management
Volume 19, Issue 1, pages 17–32, March 2008
How to Cite
Young, M. and Dulewicz, V. (2008), Similarities and Differences between Leadership and Management: High-Performance Competencies in the British Royal Navy. British Journal of Management, 19: 17–32. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8551.2007.00534.x
- Issue published online: 6 NOV 2007
- Article first published online: 6 NOV 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!