I am grateful to David Stott for matching the Association of Business Schools journal quality scores to the publications submitted to the Research Assessment Exercise. I am also grateful to Ian Walker, David Peel, David Otley, Mike Pidd, David Collinson, Robert Fildes, Colin Wren and two referees for very helpful and constructive comments on an earlier draft. The author alone is responsible for all views, errors and omissions.
The Assessment of Research Quality in UK Universities: Peer Review or Metrics?
Article first published online: 26 NOV 2010
© 2010 The Author(s). British Journal of Management © 2010 British Academy of Management
British Journal of Management
Volume 22, Issue 2, pages 202–217, June 2011
How to Cite
Taylor, J. (2011), The Assessment of Research Quality in UK Universities: Peer Review or Metrics?. British Journal of Management, 22: 202–217. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8551.2010.00722.x
- Issue published online: 13 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 26 NOV 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!