The authors thank associate editor Monika Kostera and the three anonymous reviewers for their numerous insightful suggestions. This paper has also benefited from the helpful comments of Mark Ebers, Erich Frese, Alfred Kieser and Indre Maurer, as well as conference and seminar participants at the Academy of Management Meeting 2010, the EGOS Colloquium 2010 and research seminar participants at the University of Cologne. The authors extend their appreciation to the study informants for sharing their time and insights.
How Managers Talk about their Consumption of Popular Management Concepts: Identity, Rules and Situations
Article first published online: 6 MAR 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). British Journal of Management © 2012 British Academy of Management
British Journal of Management
Volume 24, Issue 3, pages 428–444, September 2013
How to Cite
Wilhelm, H. and Bort, S. (2013), How Managers Talk about their Consumption of Popular Management Concepts: Identity, Rules and Situations. British Journal of Management, 24: 428–444. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8551.2012.00813.x
- Issue published online: 2 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 6 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!