The authors would like to thank Rachel Dunkley Jones for helping to collect the material. The research was financially supported by the research consortium on Generation Y, convened by the Lehman Brothers Centre for Women in Business at London Business School. The consortium included the following partner companies: Accenture (Founding Partner), Allen & Overy, Barclaycard Business, Baxter International, Cargill, IBM, Johnson & Johnson and KPMG. Thanks also to Judy Wajcman, Lynda Gratton and Julia Nentwich for their constructive feedback on earlier versions of this paper. The authors would also like to thank the anonymous reviewers and the Editor of the British Journal of Management for their patience in developing this paper.
Gendered Identification: Between Idealization and Admiration†
Article first published online: 16 MAY 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). British Journal of Management © 2012 British Academy of Management
British Journal of Management
Volume 25, Issue 1, pages 91–101, January 2014
How to Cite
Kelan, E. K. and Mah, A. (2014), Gendered Identification: Between Idealization and Admiration. British Journal of Management, 25: 91–101. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8551.2012.00834.x
A free Video Abstract to accompany this article is available at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x89pxpuovnY&feature=youtu.be.
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 16 MAY 2012
- Lehman Brothers Centre for Women in Business at London Business School
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!