We are grateful to the Editor-in-Chief Mustafa Özbilgin for encouraging us to undertake this research and commentary, and to Associate Editor Stella Nkomo and three anonymous reviewers for their insightful, helpful and encouraging comments. We are grateful to Thomas Burgess and Nicola Shaw for kindly providing their data set to us. Theirs is an example of academic collaboration that should serve as a model to our community. We would also like to thank Catherine Micolino, Johannes Kraak and Shay Tzafrir for their help in our empirical investigation.
Leadership in the Academic Field of Business and Management and the Question of Country of Origin: A Commentary on Burgess and Shaw (2010)
Article first published online: 23 AUG 2012
© 2012 The Author(s). British Journal of Management © 2012 British Academy of Management
British Journal of Management
Volume 23, Issue 4, pages 589–597, December 2012
How to Cite
Altman, Y. and Laguecir, A. (2012), Leadership in the Academic Field of Business and Management and the Question of Country of Origin: A Commentary on Burgess and Shaw (2010). British Journal of Management, 23: 589–597. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-8551.2012.00838.x
- Issue published online: 20 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 23 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!